Family gatherings call for delicious food to accompany the laughter and love. We’ve put together two foolproof Kosher recipes that are sure to be a hit at your next event. Give them a try, we’re sure you will want to keep these recipes.
For the cookies
• 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate, chopped
• 2 cups flour
• 3/4 cup Gefen Cocoa
• 1 teaspoon Gefen Baking Soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 sticks margarine
• 1 and 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
• 3 eggs, room temperature
• 2 teaspoons Gefen Vanilla Extract
For the drizzle
• 4 ounces white chocolate
• 1 teaspoon oil
For the brownies
• 2 cups flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 6 ounces margarine
• 4 ounces chocolate
• 3 eggs
• 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
• 1/4 cup Sombrero coffee liqueur
• 1/4 cup Binyamina or other chocolate liqueur
• 3/4 cup coursely chopped walnuts (optional)
For the glaze
• 1 and 1/4 cups Gefen Confectioner’s Sugar
• 3 tablespoons Sombrero coffee liqueur
For the Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. In a double boiler, over low heat, melt the chocolate and set it aside to cool.
3. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together margarine and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla until just combined.
4. Blend in cooled semisweet chocolate and then flour mixture until just combined.
5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
For the Drizzle
1. In a double boiler, melt the white chocolate with the oil. Mix. Cool slightly.
2. Dip a fork into melted white chocolate and drizzle a zigzag pattern over the cookies.
These brownies are simply amazing. Gooey, fudgy, decadent, melt-in-your-mouth goodness! Although there is liqueur in these brownies, the flavor will not overwhelm you, and the little ones will never know! The glaze is really something different and takes these to the next level! Consider saving some brownies without the glaze for anyone who won’t appreciate the liqueur flavor, as it is very strong. Recipe courtesy of Spirit of Solomon, Monroe, New York.
For the Brownies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Sift together dry ingredients and set aside.
3. Melt margarine and chocolate until smooth and set aside.
4. Beat eggs and add sugar. Add chocolate and dry ingredients. Combine with liqueurs and nuts, mixing well. Pour into nine- by 13-inch pan.
5. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Cool. Cut into two-inch squares.
6. Mix confectioner’s sugar with liqueur. Spoon two tablespoons over each square.