Another nutrient-rich powerhouse vegetable is kale. It can help protect against cancer and lower cholesterol, plus it’s packed with vitamins K, A, and C, and high in fiber
1. MAKE THE CRISPY CHICKPEAS: Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, toss the chickpeas with the olive oil, lemon zest and paprika to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
2. SPREAD THE CHICKPEAS in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet and roast until very crisp, 40 to 45 minutes. Stir the chickpeas once or twice during cooking. Let cool to room temperature.
3. MAKE THE DRESSING: In a medium bowl, mash the anchovies, garlic and salt together to combine. Stir in the mustard and lemon juice; mix well.
4. ADD THE OLIVE OIL gradually and whisk well to combine. Season with pepper.
5. ASSEMBLE THE SALAD: In a large bowl, toss the kale with the dressing. Top with the cooled chickpeas. Shave the Parmesan with a vegetable peeler to make large curls. Serve immediately.
• One 28-ounce can chickpeas, drained
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• Zest of 1 lemon
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 4 anchovies
• 1 garlic clove, smashed
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• Juice of 1 lemon
• ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
• ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 large bunch kale, shredded
• ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese