Among the three thousand or so colleges and universities in the U.S, there are fairly numerous “party” schools. What is a party school? It is a large school where there is: heavy drinking or drug use, few moral restraints, such as promiscuity, and studies are typically not taken very seriously. Although many parents of graduating high school seniors may think these schools sound disgusting, they offer many positive benefits for students.
1. Between 20,000 to 100,000 students attend these schools. Acceptance rates are usually high. If you graduated from high school and earned good grades, your chances of being accepted are good. If you didn’t complete high school, but earned a GED (General Educational Diploma) you still have an equally fine chance of being accepted.
2. Tuition at these schools run less than a pricey private college or university. 2015-16 tuition rates average $25,000 per year. In-state tuition prices run roughly $10,000 yearly.
3. Graduating from a party school can impress potential employers, especially if you earned a high GPA of 3.0 – 4.0. It shows that you disciplined yourself enough to work through a lot of distractions and temptations to get that four-year diploma. You stand out among your peers who dropped out because of too much partying and too little studying.
4. Party schools can help introverted students develop social skills that he or she made need later in life. Since a lot of students get together for parties, it is easier for a loner to jump in and make friends. Ultimately, you develop networks of friends who could potentially become good job leads.
5. You learn how to mix business with pleasure, which is important when being selected as a candidate for a job. Employers usually look for movers and shakers who don’t just work; they want hardworking employees with social personalities who relate well with fellow employees, and attract clients.
6. Studying hard for exams and writing papers can lead to stress. Party schools offer many social activities that help blow off steam. There are lots of places for students to hang out, such as restaurants, bars, fraternity and sorority houses. You could catch live sports games and cheer for your team.
For high school students who want to attend college, a party school should not be overlooked. Attending and graduating from this type of school requires a lot of discipline to study to avoid the temptation of failing and dropping out. By the same token, a lot of socializing can make you less introverted and more social so you can make many friends more easily and help you get a good job.